Saturday, November 7, 2009

Baron Forex Review

I came across a unique MT4 broker about a month ago called Baron Forex. I generally like to try out places that offer something different from the standard fare. Baron Forex is headquartered in Belize, which in itself could be seen as a disadvantage from a legitimacy standpoint, but they are regulated by the IFSC. The fact that they are located in Belize also has other advantages due to its offshore location.

The two main draws that Baron Forex has is that they offer options as well as spot forex trading, and that they offer fixed spreads (under all market conditions) that are quite low compared to other market makers who keep their spreads fixed. Normally, most market makers who give their clients fixed spreads do so at the expense of a few extra pips and/or poor execution in illiquid markets. I have not noticed this while trading with Baron Forex - I even got filled without slippage on my stop loss order during the NFP release yesterday (not that I was particularly happy about it, but that's how it goes sometimes - at least my order was filled at the price I set).

I have not tried making any withdrawals yet so I can't comment on how successful that will be. I am experiencing a bit of a drawdown over the past few weeks, so chances are I won't be making a withdrawal any time soon anyway :). I don't foresee any problems, but I was a bit disappointed with the lack of withdrawal methods available and the associated fees - unless you trade high monthly volume, they will charge your for wire transfers and CC withdrawals, and those are the only 2 methods available. I would suspect that they will add a few more deposit/withdrawal methods in the near future. Baron Forex has only been around since 2008 so they probably still have a few kinks to work out in their back office.

Finally, Islamic traders can be accommodated with swap-free accounts, but again, extra charges do apply unless you trade high monthly volumes. They really do make every effort to increase clients' trading volume, which is understandable considering it's their bread and butter.

Overall, I would say that news traders should take advantage of the trading conditions on offer here: the combination of low, fixed spreads and excellent execution probably won't be around for long. Once they see the risk that exposes them to, they are bound to change some part of that deadly cocktail.

PROS:
Well-known MT4 platform;
Regulated offshore broker;
Low, fixed spreads;
News traders' and scalpers' best friend;
Great execution even in illiquid conditions (NFP!);
Trade options as well as spot FX;

CONS:
Haven't been around very long (2008);
Not many deposit/withdrawal methods;
Can't trade anything less than a mini-lot (10,000 units);

Quick Facts:
Headquarters in Belize;
Metatrader 4 (MT4) platform;
2 pip fixed spread on EUR/USD;
Established in 2008;

If you are interested in opening an account at Baron Forex, please click here.

7 comments:

  1. thanks for the best forex brokers review , how minimum deposit to open account at baron broker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Traders,
    I signed up an IB agreement with Beron Forex (BFX) on 19th/07 and my first client Sarah deposited 26,000 opening an institutional account with BFX on 25th/07. According the IB agreement,
    1) My client would get 1 pip rebate if she completed 1000 lots. It means BFX will credit $10,000 to her account.
    2) The rebates on the IB agreement are:
    0 to 249 lots = 0.5 pip
    249 to 499 lots = 1 pip
    500 to 749 lots = 1.5 pips
    750 plus = 2 pips
    3) The trading volume begins as soon as my first client does the first
    trade and is calculated 24/5 in real time and the commission bank
    wires are sent on the 30th day of every month.
    My client Sarah completed 557 lots on 26th /07 and on her way to reach 1000 lots to have 1 pip rebates.
    BFX didn’t have any intension to give Sarah and I any rebates. BFX started to change IB agreement becoming:
    1) There is no rebate for my client even she completed 1000 lots.
    2) I only can get 1 pip rebate after my client completed 1000 lots and my client need to deposit another $24,000 deposit, otherwise I can’t get any rebate at all.

    We are forced out of BFX with ridiculous new IB agreement. My client Sarah were forced to close her account with BFX with the lost $5,656 ( She only got $20,344 back). I did not get any commission from BFX and my client did not get any bonus.

    BFX is 100% Scam Company!! Stay away from them!! I am going to file the documents to report their regulator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bank of America Home Loans
    I am experiencing a bit of a drawdown over the past few weeks, so chances are I won't be making a withdrawal any time soon anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Harry
    harry.roger10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are many brokers are in for forex trade support. The baron is also in the broker list quite interesting to watch..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your very useful Information. I will bookmark for next reference. I really liked this part of the article about "Forex Review". I wait for the next post.

    Do you want to know How to find out which Forex pair and time frame is best to trade

    For more information to earn extra money Click Here Maybank2u Forex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ya'll,

    I've attached a list of the highest ranking forex brokers:
    1. Best Forex Broker
    2. eToro - $50 min. deposit.

    Here is a list of the best forex tools:
    1. ForexTrendy - Recommended Odds Software.
    2. EA Builder - Custom Strategies Autotrading.
    3. Fast FX Profit - Secret Forex Strategy.

    Hopefully these lists are helpful to you.

    ReplyDelete